Friday, November 28, 2008

A Christmas Tradition

Since as long as I can remember, for Christmas my family and I have driven by Al Copeland's house to witness his extravagant light display.  The display has been a Copeland tradition for 35 years, and making a special trip to see the spectacle has been a personal family tradition of mine ever since I was a little girl.  Every year the display seems to get bigger and the lights, more numerous.  It's one of the few things that doesn't seem to get smaller as I grow older. Copeland passed away earlier this year, so his family has decided this will be the last year of the Christmas lights.  I know it's not as tragic as a man's death, but it still feels like a part of Christmas is dying with him.  I know I'll at least be there to say goodbye.


No comments: