Thursday, June 23, 2011


.........It's a funny thing, waking up a million miles away...................................................
.........................................waking up somewhere the past is a million years behind you.
.............................................................somewhere you are l’etranger..................................
..........................................................................and you can be whomever you want...........
..................................................................................you can even be yourself.......................
.............................................................
Here there is only quiet...........................................................
.................................................
.................................................... Here there is only solitude..................................................
............................................................................................................ Here there is only me...
.............................................................
Alone, there are no one else's expectations to disappoint.................................................
............Alone, there are no one else's problems to fix..........................................................
.......................................................Alone, here, I can fix myself.............................................
.............................................................................I can find my own expectations.................
....I left all my tears behind in Australia.................................................................................
...............littering the streets....like Gretel’s crumbs....leading me here.............................
.....but I will not follow them back home...............................................................................
............I need to rediscover my strength........to be a better me...........................................
Yesterday, someone thought they recognized me on the street........................................
............................................................................................“Jane?”...........................................
.....but, no.............................. sorry............................it’s me...............just me.........................
.........It’s funny how being a million miles away, you can feel at home...........................
.........It’s funny how getting lost, you can discover you...............just you........................

No comments: