Tuesday, August 2, 2011


I was told from a young age that God exists. And I believed. One might even say I was indoctrinated.

You were told from a young age that God does not exist. And you believed in Nietzsche’s proclamations. One might even say you were indoctrinated.

Like it or not, we are not so different, you and I. We all adhere to a set of beliefs, each unique, each our own. I choose to believe in something more, and that gives me hope. You choose to believe in nothing. Tell me, what does nothing give you? I’m not trying to preach, to save you, to make you agree with me, for I certainly have more questions than answers, and I gave up on evangelism long ago. I’m simply asking you to respect my beliefs, even if you can’t understand them, or me, and in exchange, I will endeavor to grant you the same courtesy.

I believe in Truth beyond that which we can comprehend, and by that Truth, God exists - even if just in my mind – there is no reasoning, there is no arguing about who’s right and who’s wrong, there are no facts, only interpretations.

We won’t know until we know, and that is enough for me.

No comments: